Geometric Solutions is looking to hire an application engineer for our Minneapolis and Chicago office. The successful candidate will develop mastery of the Siemens PLM Software Suite. The candidate will have access to Siemens full suite of training materials, classes, and on the job mentoring. With the growing demand and complexity of CAM in today's manufacturing environment, a background in CAM and post processing would be beneficial for a successful candidate.
The successful candidate should be personable, a self-starter and intrinsically motivated. A customer minded attitude with the ability to quickly evaluate customer needs and issues is a must. The environment is team oriented, fast paced and ever changing with the need to evolve with the software and processes as they change. The role of application engineer is critical to the success of the team.
- Customer focused
- Have experience in one or more areas with regard to NX CAD/CAM, Solid Edge, Teamcenter, and/or Tecnomatix
- A strong background in CAM programming and post processor configuration a huge plus
- Highly self-motivated and multi-tasking oriented
- Possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Capable of learning complex technical material quickly
- Provide technical support as required to support and extend our customers’ abilities
- Perform presales and post-sales support and service
- Perform software demonstrations in support of sales
- Develop and perform training classes to support area customers
- Develop and maintain your knowledge of CAD/CAM/CAE/PLM/SIM solutions
- Ability to understand and communicate standards and requirements which affect the design and manufacture of products
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- This position will be located in the Chicago or Minneapolis area
- Command of English verbal and written communication skills
Geometric Solutions (A Waltonen Engineering Company) is an award winning Siemens Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Software partner. We configure, consult, implement, support, and train in technology solutions such as NX CAD, CAM, CAE, Teamcenter, Tecnomatix, Solid Edge, FEMAP & more. Extensive experience in the PLM discipline coupled with expertise in digital manufacturing is what makes us unique. Our goal is to provide companies with a comprehensive roadmap, outlining the right tools, services and best practices to maximize your creativity, productivity and ultimately, your profitability.Apply Now!