It takes different engineering departments a lot of time, energy and discussions to plan an assembly line or station. With Process Designer manufacturers can plan full assembly operations collaboratively in a 3D environment, and complete the task effectively and in a timely manner.
Process Designer allows its users to work on many alternative scenarios before choosing the best process to meet requirements. With its intuitive and configurable user interface, users can plan the assembly sequence, select the tools needed, and create the layout of the plant, line or station. Furthermore, all active and passive resources can be visualized, and effective line balancing can be achieved by assigning processes to stations or workers using optimal methods.
Process Designer also helps in the creation of the kinds of customized reports that allow companies to make the best decisions more quickly regarding their specific assembly lines or stations. Users can also use Process Designer to generate and distribute a variety of documentations over the web, including work instructions, bills of materials, and management reviews.
Key Capabilities and Benefits
- Models assembly processes and lines using a complete set of tools, based on available manufacturing resources.
- Analyzes and manages operations, resources, products, and processes.
- Provides customized user interface for planning steps. Creates internet based reports, and allows user to visualize assembly information.
- Performs detailed methods-time measurement (MTM) analysis using integration with time standard systems like TiCon.
- Contains an open application programming interface (API) for user-development of planning and engineering applications.
- Increases productivity of the assembly planning processes by up to 40 percent.
- Allows for re-use of proven processes and resources from a standard library.
- Performs line balancing using an intuitive and configurable user interface.
- Performs cost roll-up estimates of lines based on the cost of resources and consumables.
- Obtains clear visibility of value added and non-value added activities.