Fundamental Processes covers the essential NX task-based processes that new users will utilize when creating and editing parametric parts. The real-world experience of the Siemens instructors aids students in transferring knowledge gained through this single course to their job resulting in faster time to productivity.
- Software/Version: NX 12.0
- User Level: Beginner
- Cost: $2,120
- Duration: 5 Days
At the completion of the Fundamental Processes class, the student will be able to develop parametric solid and assembly models as well as drawings using the master model concept. These concepts can be applied in the real world of product development and collaboration. As with each course developed and taught by Siemens PLM Software professionals, this class reinforces our in-depth knowledge of the software's capabilities and instructs the students based on the underlying principles incorporated within the NX product suite. This class was designed to increase the productivity of the student, teaching the necessary skills to accomplish the following:
- Open and examine NX models
- Create and edit parametric part models
- Create and modify basic assembly structures
- Modify imported model data
- Create and modify basic drawings
Who Should Attend?
Manufacturing engineers, NC/CNC programmers, CAE engineers, detailers, and managers who need to manage and use NX.
Provided Course Materials:
- Access to online Student Guide through Learning Advantage
- Access to course activities through Learning Advantage
- Overview of Active Workspace with NX
- Sketching and extruding simple shapes
- Creating and constraining sketch profiles
- Revolving cylindrical parts
- Adding basic design and detail features to parts
- Analyzing the history and properties of a model
- Opening and analyzing an assembly structure
- Controlling design intent and using equations
- Editing and revising a part
- Creating parts defined by a wall thickness
- Modeling molded and cast parts
- Sweeping geometry to define parts
- Building parts with duplicate geometry
- Using Synchronous Modeling to modify imported model data
- Building and constraining assembly structures
- Creating basic part drawings
Can't find a class to fit your needs, schedule, or timeline? We can help!
Fill out the form below and a representitive will respond within 24 business hours.