The Mold Wizard Advanced Processes course is designed to advance students further up the productivity curve. As a second tier course, this advanced course builds upon the tools you deployed as a result of attending the Mold Wizard Fundamental Processes course. Expert NX tool designers will acquire the skills to significantly reduce mold design lead time using Mold Wizard automation. This course will also focus on customizing the existing catalog libraries to match your company’s standards, adding new libraries, and configuring various templates within the Mold Wizard application. The curriculum mimics common tasks used in mold construction and is reinforced using hands-on activities.
- Software/Version: NX 12.0
- User Level: Advanced
- Duration: 3 Days
Who Should Attend?
Experienced Mold Wizard users who want to learn how to customize the Mold Wizard software application.
Plastic injection mold designers and product design engineers who create plastic injection mold tooling using the Mold Wizard software application.
- NX CAD Mold Wizard Fundamental Processes
- Have a basic understanding of plastic injection mold design
Provided Course Materials
- Access to online Student Guide through Learning Advantage
- Access to course activities through Learning Advantage
Primary Course Topics
- Create complex shut-off geometry using Mold Tools
- Merging cavities to create a mold with multiple impressions
- Adding cooling components using the Standard Part Library
- Designing cold-fill gate and runner systems
- Freezing and managing interpart links when making design changes
- Defining sub-inserts with mounting provisions
- Building and managing tooling changeovers for a mold project
- Simulating the motion of a mold
- Creating component drawings with hole tables
- Configuring Mold Wizard project templates
- Customizing the Material Library
- Adding new mold components to the Standard Parts Library
- Registering a new mold base in the Mold Base Library
- Customizing assembly and component drawing templates